Thursday, January 10, 2013

Just Get It Done



 Are there times when you do not feel like taking the journey that lies ahead of you.  I knew some of you would know how that feels.  BUT!!!  alas, the journey must be taken.  My journey today is the journey of cleaning house.  So far I have got my livingroom done including  cleaning blinds, corners, moved and vaccuumed under furniture.  The only thing left is the ceiling fan but as I am gazing at it right now, it is not dusty yet so I might put that off.

Sometimes I need motivation to continue to clean and do things I do not like to do, but then I remember what the Bible says.  In Proverbs 10:4 it says," Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth."  Also in Proverbs 31:17 it says "She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."  Reading verses in the Bible about keeping on doing what you know to be right, being diligent, working your best are verses that I think about as I clean.  I want the Lord to be pleased with me NO MATTER what I am doing. 

If you are a stay at home mom or an emptynester wife a home is still a home that needs to be cleaned if you want to live in a clean place.  Step up, dig in, pull on those gloves and get it done!  Then breathe a sigh of relief that it is all clean for awhile (sometimes only 5 minutes if you are a mom with kids at home).  It is a good feeling when you've laboured with your hands and accomplished the task set before you.  Good luck and let me know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying your blog posts so much, friend! Thank you for sharing all that the Lord is showing you; it has been a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah. You have such sweet words.

    ReplyDelete